JamesT

Wytham woods

JamesT    338

A couple from Wytham Woods the weekend before last.

IMG_0010s.thumb.jpg.39bf0547d0f8d38e2b4dd0ac9471f3cc.jpgIMG_0012s.thumb.jpg.f5d1c4228d4a98664e154d7d3109efd2.jpg

These are REAL mono images -- Ilford HP5+ in the Minolta X-500, using the 35-70 zoom (repaired after a problem with the guides on the zoom mechanism). The first was without a filter as even with 400ASA there's not that much light in the woods in summer, the second was using a green filter which is often surprisingly useful to put some structure into vergatation.

• Like 1

Ryewolf    4,086

Some nice images, I would like to see a bit more contrasty processing, but I'm guessing you're a bit of a purist - shooting on B/W film - so what you take is what you post... I've no problems with that.

JamesT    338
22 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Some nice images, I would like to see a bit more contrasty processing, but I'm guessing you're a bit of a purist - shooting on B/W film - so what you take is what you post... I've no problems with that.

I was trying to capture the almost liquid light through the leaves, without losing all detail in the shaded trunks or the sunlit patches. 

Ryewolf    4,086

They are nice images none the less and great to see people still using film in an age obsessed with instant digital - well everything...