Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

FOOJ'S SILVERPOINT PORTRAITS AND WATERCOLOUR PAINTINGS

FUJI

I'm so glad you have posted these Fooj ...maybe if you have the time you can post the three photos that  you used as a basis for these  portraits .. I  only ask as I think the likenesses are very good and the characters have been captured so well in both mediums... I hope others on here enjoy them as much as I have . Thanks for posting them  Fooj

A few of my characters.....

I have begun.....a series of.....

Local Charater Portraits in Silverpoint and/or Watercolour....

I just love doing them, and they keep my old brain working .....it is all too easy at my age to just slump in an arm chair in front of TV.

FUJI

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by FUJI
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree Kate ...  he is a very talented artist our Fooj ... trouble is  not enough people  see them in the Latte Lounge as they don't appear in the Banner headline.. I hardly ever  pop into the lounge myself  so it's easy to miss these ... I didn't know where else to suggest he posted them .....:ermm:

Thought you might like to see these...

The first is my Watercolour interpretation of a portrait shot about three years ago......I have decided to paint/draw a whole series based upon my best character photographs.

The second is a Silverpoint drawing of one of our Costa regulars........The highlights are white Inktense crayon and the darks are a grey ink mixed from the same.

Inktense Crayons are well worth acquiring if you are an Artist.....Derwent do them,I think?

The pair of Proportional Dividers I use now have made a huge difference to the way a lay out an enlarged portrait...no squaring up, just compass point triangulation....to place critical points .

FUJI

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

I thought you must be busy Fooj as  haven't seen quite so much of you lately ... I think it's a fab idea to do a series  of  your artistic impression of some of your photo subjects ... As I said before I think you should  show the photo alongside  each portrait... just to show how good the likenesses  are .. Two  more fine examples of  the work you do in that little studio of yours ...Don't ever desert us entirely  on the  photo forums  though ....

Pol

Desert my long time friends at  TIPF?..........Never!

I am shooting my usual number of photographs....just ordered yet another vintage lens.....

Still lots to do surrounding my very poorly brother........Painting helps to take my mind off that.

But, I must admit to being a tiny bit hooked on creating portraits in my tiny conservatory studio....weather permitting.

Here are the two works with the original photographs, both are A4 enlarge to A3, via using the Proportional Dividers as a guide to critical points...

FUJI

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My latest effort....with the very kind permission of the original photographer whose beautiful lion portrait inspired this work.

Once again done in...Silverpoint...on a new ground containing real Marble-dust from Italy...this gives the paper a very real bite similar to fine abrasive paper....the sterling  silver wire marks can be made much darker this way.

White crayon and Gouache for the highlights and specially mixed grey ink the darkest areas.

FUJI

LEO 2 MKII FIN.jpg

LEO 2  MKI   SILVERPOINT.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They just keep on coming.....I’m just loving the whole...Silverpoint....process; especially now that I have discovered how to produce the perfect ground, bu mixing real marble dust with white Acrylic undercoat tinted with a touch of colour, to give the middle tone.

FUJI

I assume you still want to see these.?.....I am creating a whole series based upon local characters.

E33D472C-6281-4C98-96EC-A880C31A4A94.jpeg

• Like 1

I am so glad we found a place for you to post these Fooj... you are getting better each bout with this medium... that's another super  rendition of one of your"characters ... don't forget to post the original too if you can ...   certainly don't stop posting ...as long as you're doing it , I will enjoy looking .... 

Thank you Polly.....I much appreciate your interest.....

Silverpoint isn’t the easiest or quickest methods of drawing, but for some reason Ijust like the way the finished work looks and feels....

I am learning to free up a little now; to be looser with my approach and to be brave, or daft enough to experiment with added media.

Here is the photograph on which the latest is based.....my next step, will be to attempt another strep to make my portraits stand out, just a little more.

FUJI

C787F01F-72FA-462C-9EC8-34A02EDB3D3E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I really like the fact that it is time consuming ... the finer the lines in this type of medium  the better depth and tones that can be acquired... patience pays  with silverpoint in my experience ...  thanks for posting the pic too Fooj .. . Just keep adding to this thread when you can ... it's forming a lovely portfolio.:thumbup:

• 5 months later...

No! I haven’t forgotten this thread.....it is just that I have been studying and developing my Watercolour techniques and style, after discovering the very best of pigments and beautiful hand made paper from Two-Rivers Paper in Dorset.

After too long....not copying photographs but close, I have moved towards the local hedgerows for inspiration ....these appeal more than landscapes or portraits of folks I don’t know....I have also studied the very wet-into-wet technique of literally pouring Watercolour pigments all over the paper; then whilst everything is still sopping, I cover the whole surface with crinkled cling-film....when dry this leaves a wonderful diffused/abstract background....the main areas/subjects of my painting are masked out during thus stage. After this I paint the main subject in an Impressionist manner...

Here are three of my current works from a planned series....

FUJI

2234FBEE-4F9F-4766-B204-EFC93BBA872B.jpeg

18EDD54A-9320-4C43-B74B-D565A855FEE4.jpeg

C9E5FAAB-1788-48CE-BC08-4FF07FCCB220.jpeg

• Like 1

Loving these Fooj .... the hand made paper  is gorgeous  ... I ve used the technique with cling film  before ... it is effective isn’t it ?... I have also used a similar technique for painting walls and and getting a marbled effect. 

2 hours ago, kev7d said:

Wow FUJI. They are lovely. How long do they take you to complete?

Hi, Kev,

I can usually finish a 16 by 20 Painting in three days.....Painting perhaps for an  average of  3 hours a day.....say 9 to 15 hours actually using pencil or brush.

I usually work quite quickly, whilst the subject is still fresh in my old head.....I used to be a scenic artist so working at speed comes naturally.....most of it is seen and planned in the head before I touch the physical paper.

i much appreciate the positive feedback on my painting.....it plus photography help keep me young.

FUJI

• Like 1