Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Some great images there, I've also been up the CN Tower (way back in 1979) with my Mum and Dad, I was about 17 at the time, we had relatives who lived there - not far from Yonge Street - which at the time according to Guinness, was the World's longest street at 1,178 miles long... we did go upto the Sky Pod. I remember walking on those glass panels and looking down (my Mum wouldn't walk on them - but me and my Dad did...). I don't remember the Skywalker thing or I would have done that too.

Heights have always been a problem for me Ryewolf even though I have had to use ladders and scaffold thoughout my working life, sometimes up several hundred feet.

And kev7d it was a wonderful place for dinner but it was difficult to know which to look at, the dinner or the revolving view, as both were equally spectacular.

One of the reasons we were on this holiday was because my wife hijacked our daughter's trip as she has always wanted to go to Toronto and Niagara because her Mom and Dad met in Ontario having emigrated separately then married, went to Niagara for honeymoon, then had their first child there, a boy, who sadly died before reaching his first birthday and is buried there. They returned in 1932, when her oldest sister was on the way, because, mother-in-law said it was jobs for Canadians first when the Great Depression started to bite. Her brother had secured a job for father-in-law in Southampton so back they came. We went to where the old folks had lived and the spot where the brother is buried so the pilgrimage was completed.

I will try to put a sequence on of the shots I have of Niagara including the boat trip and helicopter trip we took to the falls. We had a wonderful view of them from the picture window in our hotel room right alongside the Horseshoe Falls.

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's some tower, not sure how long my dinner would have stayed put! :9_innocent:

It wasn't too scary Phil and once you were sat down it was fine. The floor went around once every 90 minutes, so there was always a changing view.

When I was learning to fly gliders with my Venture Scout Unit, I explained about the acrophobia to the instructor. He reckoned people with a fear of heights know exactly where the ground is as so never make bad landings, the ones who aren't bothered will land 15 ft up or even try to land under the surface because they don't. He also said I would find I would be fine because I would accept the floor of the cockpit as the local ground. I never did make a bad landing. I felt his effect happening up the tower and was ok till I had to stand up. Taking the shot of the baseball stadium was difficult as I was leaning over the edge of the floor with just the window under me,

The helicopter ride was scarier than the tower.