Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More on the shearing shed......

Kobione

It was an interesting visit to this site. The woolshed, as it is called, is believed to be the largest ever built in Australia, built in brick, which is not the usual, and one of the reasons it is still there, in 1871.

My pictures of the interior were pretty much the same as Brian's so I've added a few different views. Because of the age and construction of the building we all did several in mono or sepia. This is the wall you see as you approach :

P1020704a_zpsr7cp9eh0.jpg

There were some interesting door features:

DSCN3842a_zpsq6qjgl4u.jpg

DSCN3849a_zpsj1tzlc2t.jpg

And some interesting bits and pieces:

P1020745a_zpsj1nhd6gl.jpg

P1020749a_zps1x72rwyl.jpg

P1020724a_zpse6ohnfwa.jpg

This is a view out of one door - guessing this was the way the sheep were sent out to the yards again, after being sheared:

DSCN3874b.thumb.jpg.df3affee8a11a455c1ea2fae2fb568dc.jpg

This one I used for the 52 project - the wooden slats were strong and still moved easily up and down:

DSCN3893a_zps8izhnu2t.jpg

And this is the outside view that I too through the slats:

DSCN3898a_zpsvynjww8c.jpg

We would like to return on more settled weather, and we may!

Interesting stuff - I particularly like the shot of the door (2) with it's great textures.

It's the kind of place that doesn't look great for photographs, I imagine you had to work quite hard to get the shots you did. Well done!

Korky

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Korky, yes, it was a bit of a challenge. The hardest thing to manage was the light. It was quite dark inside but when the sun came out,(which it did for a few seconds, several times), then all you got was bright 'light splinters' through the wooden slats, and through any holes in the doors etc making it very difficult. Maybe in our Summer light it would be a bit better inside, and make things a bit easier.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Nice set, Dee. We must go back on a nice day as I'm sure there's a lot we missed outside, due to the weather.

Agree Brian, I think we all missed some good opportunities on the outside, and we didn't fully do justice to the whole building.

Archived