Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
Ryewolf

The Historic Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run

At the same time as Hebden Bridge was having it's vintage car rally, the Historic Commercial Vehicle Society was having it's annual Trans-Pennine Run from just outside of Manchester to Harrogate, which also ran through Hebden Bridge... Again, just a small selection.. To be honest it was impossible to catch every car/truck coming in or out....

hcvs-4251.jpg

hcvs-4256.jpg

hcvs-4257.jpg

hcvs-4258.jpg

hcvs-4262.jpg

hcvs-4273.jpg

These were taken 20 odd shots apart and they were literally arriving in convoys like this for over 90 minutes

• Like 2

Looks like the motors were a theme for your weekend  Rye ... wont be long before our motors are all vintage  with just electric cars on the road ... The end of a very long era,

Yes, there was even a 1934 Sentinel Steam Wagon - yep you did read that correctly...

Thank goodness for people who restore these wonderful old motors  and lavish so much attention on their upkeep ...we would never  have the experience of seeing them for real  and that would be  such a shame ... the sound and the smell is something you never forget ... Jeez ...a steam wagon eh ...

Yes, and thankfully they do preserve and still drive these old vintage/historic cars and trucks....I know a steam powered truck, can't imagine they'd ever get away with one these days..

Thanks Geoff  this lot would have made my day !

I love old trucks.....I love trucks full stop!

The vintage wagons really do look great - makes me think the Commercial Vehicle Museum in Leyland might be worth a visit.

Korky

Very nice Rye - especially the vintage steam truck. Fully agree that we should be thankful that people take the time and effort, and probably money to preserve these memories.

Thanks Kobione, alas that was the best shot I got of the Steam Wagon. But yes, people do spend a lot of time and money keeping them going and getting them to various shows.