Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Some vintage cars

Ryewolf

Thanks Phil and JHF.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Now that would be my next pastime if I could only convince 'er-indoors!

To be honest Phil, I think your wife's got the right idea in not letting you get involved in classic/vintage cars, given how much people spend on getting some of these running and maintaining them, some are into the 10's of thousands of pounds and more a year, and that's without the cost of buying them....

Well that's a fabulous set of vintage motors Rye ....When I was 18 and knew nothing about cars and didn't even drive, a young man asked me if i could have any car in the world what would I like  , I remember I said the  Austin Healy 3000 MK III  in red .... sigh .... He just rolled his eyes  ..and said something like , " You'll be lucky !":clover:

Thanks Clicker, to be honest watching the cars arrive on this road was probably the best place to see them before they pulled onto the 'display field'. My Auntie (who's 80) came along for the ride out - she had my Canon 100D + Sigma 30mm f1.4 and literally had a 2 minute crash course in using a modern camera (which I did set up for her) before I let her loose with it... The last time she'd used a camera was a box brownie...

6 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

My Auntie (who's 80) came along for the ride out - she had my Canon 100D + Sigma 30mm f1.4 and literally had a 2 minute crash course in using a modern camera (which I did set up for her) before I let her loose with it... The last time she'd used a camera was a box brownie...

How fantastic is that ...I hope you're getting her to join us on here !

Alas, she has no internet or computer or camera, but I will be posting some of the pictures she took and surprisingly there were a lot more good ones than I'd exected. My crash course, was: this is how you hold the camera, that's the button to take the picture, the beep means it's in focus and whatever you see through the viewfinder is what you get and whatever's in the centre is where the focus was.. She did ask if she needed to wind on the film, I said no, it's all digotal no film, her next question was , how many can I take? I'd just set to do just jpg's, so it was around 1500, she did take around 200 ... which I'm now going through and processing some of the best.

On 08/08/2017 at 01:04, Ryewolf said:

He was holding the piece of paper with his Rally Number on for the marshalls... not quite the same...

I think we will have to agree to disagree there Rye but its this kind of scene that those who despise others enjoyment find useful.

Archived