Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
Brian

More Australian History.

That's a great image Brian and an interesting piece of history.

• Thanks 1

I'll second that... .it also has a strange poignancy.. 

Processing really suits too.....

How much longer are you out there  Brian ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I'll second that... .it also has a strange poignancy.. 

Processing really suits too.....

How much longer are you out there  Brian ?

We're home now, Polly. Thanks for the feedback; it's just a matter of trawling through a couple of thousand images now.

I like the image.  A good subject. 

I more than like the image, to me that is an absolutely brilliant photograph Brian...kudos!

• Thanks 1

Great story and image, when I was in Australia one of the things that amused me the most would be a sign that read services in 200 miles. By the time I got there I had changed my mind on stopping....:14_relaxed: 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JHFoto said:

Great story and image, when I was in Australia one of the things that amused me the most would be a sign that read services in 200 miles. By the time I got there I had changed my mind on stopping....:14_relaxed: 

Yes, there can be long distances between fill ups. While we were away, we carried 2 jerry cans of diesel that gave us a range of close to 1000 kms, just to be on the safe side. There were times when we topped up the tank, more from the price of fuel being so expensive in the remotest areas. The most expensive, being at Mount Dare, where diesel was $2.17 per lit. when in Alice Springs it was about $1.40.

When were you in Oz and where were you staying.

That's still pretty cheap, diesel in the UK is around £1.19 a litre (and £1.19 is around the cheapest, it can be a lot, lot higher), which is around $1.95 (Aus) a litre.... Even petrol here is dearer than your cheapest diesel, I've not seen petrol or diesel under a £1 ( $1.40 ) a litre for about 10 years in the UK.....

Been to Australia twice, the last time we Started in Darwin then across o Cairns. Here we picked up a hire car and went up and down the Bruce Highway stopping wherever took our fancy. On this trip we finished up in Brisbane. On our first visit, we did similar but ended up in Adelaide. Fantastic experience we went to some amazing places.

An excellent image and an excellent story.

Welcome back, Brian!

Korky

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Korky said:

An excellent image and an excellent story.

Welcome back, Brian!

Korky

Thanks, Cobber!