Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Portraits of my grandson

I bought a very nice manual focus lens today from Neewer it also goes by Meike but it is a APS-C 35mm f1.7. It is super well built it is all metal even the lens cap and the focusing is very smooth for get this a $68 dollar lens to my door. Now it was on sale its normally $85 but it is a nice lens. The MF action is smooth and the aperture ring is smooth but it is declicked and it goes the opposite direction I am used to. Due to it being declicked I found myself looking at it but I am sure I will get used to it but for now I have to set it before I focus so I know what it is.  At first I struggled with MF using the LCD since my XM1 is LCD only but with practice I got some nice shots but I can see myself getting a XE2 or XE2s since it has a EVF. The only weakness I can find is it is prone to flare and its a weird flare but I will order a 49mm lens hood they are cheap and it doesn't always do it hey it was $68 USD.

Ok here is one of the lens and a few portraits of my grandson. The outside are at ISO 200 the one inside shot I can not remember I had it earlier but it has left me. The outside apertures are at f1.7 and for some reason I shot the inside at f4 go figure but I did use the onboard flash and I held it back in the bounce mode. All in all I like this lens I am thinking of getting the 50 f2 and the 12 f2.8 they are a great bargain kind of like when Samyang started but they are creeping up in price still a good bargain and excellent glass I hope Meike/Neewer follow up with more good glass.

I have my Grandson all this week we have a ton of stuff planned but he knows he has to put up with Poppa and his camera.  :stuart:

Jim

DSCF2381.thumb.jpg.73dbbd104f5d6995822ef5765b922acf.jpg

DSCF2386.thumb.jpg.7c5842bc03e429ee537df7d9fd6f5c6c.jpg

DSCF2387.thumb.jpg.324a1199eb3cf25ad0bd467e40288a0d.jpg

DSCF2380.thumb.jpg.931345a363e86ff5e671cc84e29b8cf4.jpg

_DSF1029.thumb.jpg.1fefa3664400313b62dad52baacbe1b3.jpg

Great to see someone else is a very keen, vintage lens enthusiast.....I have quite a collection for my Panasonic GX 7 now ... love and use  them all.

I have learned so much about photography whilst getting to grips with just how they function.

Great studies of your grandson James.

Hobbo

Thanks all this was a really nice find it isn't the sharpest or fastest but for what I paid and how the lens feels when using it I feel it is an excellent addition to my small but hopefully growing Fuji kit.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 06:38, FUJI said:

Great to see someone else is a very keen, vintage lens enthusiast.....I have quite a collection for my Panasonic GX 7 now ... love and use  them all.

I have learned so much about photography whilst getting to grips with just how they function.

Great studies of your grandson James.

Hobbo

This is a brand new lens Fuji - you can buy one with a direct fit for your M43 Panasonic.

Archived