David995031

Vintage Cars

Few shots of some of the magnificent old cars at the Black Country Museum.

_MG_5170.thumb.jpg.5ba1871ac60434882acff16b4102312e.jpg

_MG_5172.thumb.jpg.01e218b1a9365ca4e353f0698dad4be8.jpg

_MG_5169.thumb.jpg.a8f1b8bb251999b45fdcbf274b522f34.jpg

_MG_5168.thumb.jpg.3749b04c3a4095d9406059056d962091.jpg

• Like 1

A nice set David.  I bet there is quite a bit of monies worth in this collection.  

• Like 1

The sepia tone suits them very nicely.

I have a trip to Shropshire in October, so hoping to spend a day at the Black Country Museum. It looks to be up there with Beamish and Blists Hill.

Korky

• Like 1

A great set David.......the Coventry Motor Museum has free entry .....one of its most popular exhibits is the genuine ....THRUST III? the car that Richard Noble funded, it has a space all of its own. Non-flash photographynis allowed.

I like your set here very much, but one small niggle, if I'm allowed one.......rather than taking the line-up,or, if you like the museum display....do your best to isolate an individual vehicle, or concentrate on just one part or area in a creative manner.

FUJI

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

A great set David.......the Coventry Motor Museum has free entry .....one of its most popular exhibits is the genuine ....THRUST III? the car that Richard Noble funded, it has a space all of its own. Non-flash photographynis allowed.

I like your set here very much, but one small niggle, if I'm allowed one.......rather than taking the line-up,or, if you like the museum display....do your best to isolate an individual vehicle, or concentrate on just one part or area in a creative manner.

FUJI

Food for thought - thanks Fuji.

Very nice set David, and as already said perfect subject for the sepia.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with your pictures David but I hate this is the sort of museum. Cram em' in, don't let the public get too close, side by side so you can't see the vehicle lines. Fewer cars displayed well would show our motoring heritage as it should be seen not as a car park. Sorry but it's one place I will not be visiting,

19 minutes ago, colinb said:

Nothing wrong with your pictures David but I hate this is the sort of museum. Cram em' in, don't let the public get too close, side by side so you can't see the vehicle lines. Fewer cars displayed well would show our motoring heritage as it should be seen not as a car park. Sorry but it's one place I will not be visiting,

Your point is a good one Colin but the vintage car section is only one part of a vast are of exhibits of pre-war life in the Black Country. I will b e posting more when I finish processing.