THELONGMAN

Early Morning Dip

5 posts in this topic

A bit of a LE, well SE really at Birling Gap with the Seven Sisters for a backdrop. While have a play with LE a couple of days ago this gent went for an early dip, and for me the slight blur worked quite well?

SK3A7376 w2.jpg

1 person likes this

I'm not really sure about the blur - it makes me feel a little uneasy about the image.

It'll be interesting to see what others have to say.

Korky

I can understand what Korky means in this instance......to me, had the guy been running into the water it might have been better visually than just having him look, out of focus....the running would have emphasized the stillness of the cliffs, whilst adding a sense of acceleration in the figure.....contrasts always seem to work....here, you just don't have enough.

A great experiment, well worth repeating at some point......I really must try something like this, in town, just to understand the principles.....Well Done you.

FUJI

I have to agree with the above and I also think the guy makes the scale look odd, he just looks 'large' too large. I appreciate that's how he is but maybe because of the blur it all looks wrong.

Thanks for your feedback folks, very interesting? it just goes--maybe this one is for the bin?

Geoff