Stravinsky

Chesterton Windmill, Warwickshire

9 posts in this topic

Both of these are really good.  The winner for me has to be the first with all that yellow.  The tracks are a really nice touch leading my eyes through the yellow up to the windmill. The mill in turn is surrounded by a full on sky.  Nice composition too.  

1 person likes this

Both great shots, I'm going with Kev and the first image.

1 person likes this

Number 1 for me, too - a super image.

I much prefer that sky to one that's blue with fluffy clouds - much more interesting and dramatic.

Korky

1 person likes this

I really like everything about 1st one. The blue of the sky and yellow  of the rapeseed.  The lonely windmill. Lovely.

1 person likes this

Thanks all, it's my favourite too

I need more practice and a bit more wind with the big stopper :6_smile:  Only used it a few times

A Classic structure not very far from here, I have taken part in many official events in and around this unique windmill......I'm not sure if it remains in the care of Warwickshire  County Council, who,  after a complete expert restoration of the mill, they held annual Open Weekends during which they had the sails turning.

The top of that exposed hill is a very windy spot indeed, I was there during a violent thunderstorm once....a genuinely scary time.

Photographically and Artistically  it has been done to death.......... the mill features in nearly every local exhibition ....it has featured in photography books since the birth of photography....so to produce a shot that excites it takes something special.

You have achieved that in your first shot......Well Done Stravinsky.

FUJI

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, FUJI said:

A Classic structure not very far from here, I have taken part in many official events in and around this unique windmill......I'm not sure if it remains in the care of Warwickshire  County Council, who,  after a complete expert restoration of the mill, they held annual Open Weekends during which they had the sails turning.

The top of that exposed hill is a very windy spot indeed, I was there during a violent thunderstorm once....a genuinely scary time.

Photographically and Artistically  it has been done to death.......... the mill features in nearly every local exhibition ....it has featured in photography books since the birth of photography....so to produce a shot that excites it takes something special.

You have achieved that in your first shot......Well Done Stravinsky.

FUJI

Thank you for that.  The irony is that I lived in Bishops Itchington for years and never visited it.  I'm not sure they will grow rape seed there again, as there is apparently less demand for it as people revert to "real" butter.

I prefer the LE version Jon, for me the sky adds more power to the picture?

Geoff