Stravinsky

Now and then - Birmingham

8 posts in this topic

@JamesT as requested one of a set of now and then photos I am doing of Birmingham

You'll have to excuse the "then" photo quality taken I think on a Zenith EM and the prints have degraded before I managed to scan them

The Birmingham Rep in 1975 & 2016

Birmingham0004Aweb2.jpg

Rep432A1727website.jpg

2 people like this

The one constant in a swirl of changes around it. I suspect that in some parts of the city a whole generation of buildings came and went between the mid-70's and the mid teens.

Alas, colour prints (and negatives) of that era tend to fade unless they have been kept very carefully, but very worth preserving. 

1 person likes this

Wow, that is some difference.  

1 person likes this

I visit Birmingham every now and then, thanks for sharing these images...

1 person likes this

That's really fascinating Strav.. I do hope you have more to post ... I for one would love to see them....Well done  on being able to get to the same spot it seems to take the latter  image .

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Clicker said:

That's really fascinating Strav.. I do hope you have more to post ... I for one would love to see them....Well done  on being able to get to the same spot it seems to take the latter  image .

I have a number of them, but wasnt really sure if it was appropriate to post them on the forum.  Theres a number of us that do them, but most are using other peoples original photographs whereas mine are all based on my own, even though the originals are slightly degraded

If you have a lot of them and it's a project you have it might be worth messaging Phil to ask for a blog spot to have where you could showcase them as and when you do them and keep them all in same place....  

18 hours ago, Clicker said:

If you have a lot of them and it's a project you have it might be worth messaging Phil to ask for a blog spot to have where you could showcase them as and when you do them and keep them all in same place....  

I have around 9 or 10 at the moment, probably not enough to devote to a blog.  I'll run out of my own and end up having to use old photos.  There are a number of people duplicating Phyliss Nicklin pictures, taken by her in the 50's & early 60's (giving her full credit of course)