Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Little Big Pictures

colinb

Out Saturday night with The Little Big Band who asked me to shoot them a few weeks ago (:13_upside_down:). A terrible location very tight and no room to get decent angles ( but the band are quite good). 

LBB 15.jpg

LBB 16.jpg

LBB 6.jpg

LBB 4.jpg

LBB 20BW.jpg

I found the stage lighting rather annoying!

LBB 12.jpg

I see little wrong with these Colin.......surely! It is the lighting, the jostling, the crush and the noise, which make the Gig.....your pics reflect that, instead of being just a record of the time.

The only shots missing as far as I'm concerned are ultra close-ups of the asingers in full flow, with no thought to the camera pointing at them....sometimes not pretty, but reflect the Raw elements.

FUJI

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

I see little wrong with these Colin.......surely! It is the lighting, the jostling, the crush and the noise, which make the Gig.....your pics reflect that, instead of being just a record of the time.

The only shots missing as far as I'm concerned are ultra close-ups of  the asingers in full flow, with no thought to the camera pointing at them....sometimes not pretty, but reflect the Raw elements.

FUJI

Good point Fuji - although I couldn't really get any closer, I did try shooting between the obstacles but not to any success (see pic below) and as I am using a 50mm prime (no zoom) on these pictures. I think maybe an 'open' stage would be better.

LBB 2.jpg

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

Not an easy project Colin ...Gigs are really difficult  to photograph I find ... I think you have done a good job  and I agree the lighting  didn't help...

Thank you Polly. :14_relaxed:

Hi, again Colin,

Hope you don't mind, but I thought I would share this with you.

About three years ago, I was asked to shadow the Pro Photographer at the Wedding of a distant cousin, it was held at Stoneleigh Abbey, so not a small affair.

The Pro Photographer couldn't have been nicer, he fully agreed that I could work alongside him, especially to catch happenings from around the edges, so to speak.

As the day and evening wore on, he became an enthusiastic one-to-one tutor......This really came to the fore, during the after dinner Disco, held inside a dark, comparatively small Cellar, a venue similar to the one you illustrate here.

I was very surprised to learn that he NEVER uses a Flash, no matter what shoot he is on...instead he taught me how to get the best from a small set of battery lights on stands plus upping his ISO to compensate.

He explained how Photoshop post processing could be used to produce, very edgy shots.

This is just one of many taken by me, very late, very tired but still pressing the shutter.

I like it for its noisy  rawness.

The other element is that the Bride's parents gifted me the short zoom lens I shot the wedding with...that info might still be in the EXIF.

Hope this helps you at some stage?

FUJI

WEDDING SINGER FULL SIZE TIPF FORUM FORUM.jpg

6 hours ago, FUJI said:

Hi, again Colin,

Hope you don't mind, but I thought I would share this with you...

Thank you for the encouragement Mr Fuji.

I too seldom use flash and all in this set are 'non-flash' photos. I prefer to keep the colour whenever possible but sometimes black and white can save the image and stop the artist looking like Shrek :-) I have always liked the challenge of dark shooting where light is scarce I guess all photography is a fine line between light and no light but sometimes the line can be a little thin. I like your close-up shot of the singer but when a musician is playing an instrument I like to try and include that too, for me the shot below is just missing the whole story.

59650e22e17a1_LBB1.thumb.jpg.c7c8b1656d536a3261b69f84fe1eb740.jpg 

Archived