Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
Denis

A pair of Sydney Camm's finest..

Sydney Camm was chief designer for the Hawker aircraft company, he later went on to design the Hawker Hurricane, the stalwart of the Battle of Britain.

But I think some of his most elegant designs were from the late 1920's and 1930's

1937 Hawker Demon (top) and a 1928 Hawker Tomtit at the Shuttleworth collection, Old Warden airshow,Bedfordshire last sunday....

595c09da6510e_ApairofHawkers.thumb.jpg.a81b543e43e3e18187c0fc8774d4729e.jpg

• Like 2

Ooooer Denis ... That's an impressive pair !!

You have captured a cracking image there ... I 'm such a sucker for aircaraft  images ... Colin will  be interested  in this one too I imagine .If  my other half sees it  I may have to  get  my purse out  for a large print Denis ....

• Like 1

A couple of great images there Denis..

• Like 1

Lovely stuff.  

• Like 1

Not something I have been lucky enough to photograph myself, well caught Sir.

• Like 1

I love the Demon/Hart types, the Demon was the fighter variant of the Hart Bomber, which in itself was at the time faster than contemporary single seat fighters like the Siskin and Bulldog.

So the Demon was produced as a fighter to fill the gap untill more potent fighters were developed, one of which was to be the Hurricane.

untitled-144.thumb.jpg.8813930313bb9284745dd73c466e8ac4.jpg

595d0e6cdae3f_Theoffice.thumb.jpg.2e0441894fc596d2ce2b86fb14f2f16d.jpg

Edited by Denis
spelling!
  • Like 1

Keep em coming.  ?

• Like 1

Yes, another couple of good images.

• Like 1