Jump to content

Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
T0oC0ol

Main Battle Tanks

Recommended Posts

A few from this weekend at Tankfest. Great day out! Colour or B&W? My thinking is B&W would suit older Tanks maybe?

1

IMG_8964-2-XL.jpg

2

IMG_8964-XL.jpg

3

IMG_8968-2-XL.jpg

4

IMG_8968-XL.jpg

5

IMG_9033-2-XL.jpg

6

IMG_9033-XL.jpg

Tommy :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good set of images well done............:14_relaxed:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Prefer the colour myself.   Nice one.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Colour shots for me, too. Nice work!

Korky

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 26/06/2017 at 22:09, T0oC0ol said:

A few from this weekend at Tankfest. Great day out! Colour or B&W? My thinking is B&W would suit older Tanks maybe?

 

 

WW1 Tanks maybe.  Depending on age colour film was used, especially by the Americans, during WW2. If you are looking for realism there are plug-ins for LR that will create the look of the older colour film.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

A great set TooCool.......I like both the colour and the mono versions....

I was very familiar with post-war battle tanks once, having done my National Service with the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards in Germany 1956/1958  one of the first Regiments to have the mighty CONQUERER battle Tank  ...... a monster which eventually proved not to be as effective as first thought, but I saw it in its infancy so to speak.

Sadly very few, if any, remain in working order, after being used for target practice on the live firing ranges..........if you are keen, look them up.

FUJI

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, FUJI said:

A great set TooCool.......I like both the colour and the mono versions....

I was very familiar with post-war battle tanks once, having done my National Service with the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards in Germany 1956/1958  one of the first Regiments to have the mighty CONQUERER battle Tank  ...... a monster which eventually proved not to be as effective as first thought, but I saw it in its infancy so to speak.

Sadly very few, if any, remain in working order, after being used for target practice on the live firing ranges..........if you are keen, look them up.

FUJI

 

 

Thanks - yes, will take a look. My lad (15) is mad into tanks and was telling me the names of all of them as went round Bovington museum.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, colinb said:

WW1 Tanks maybe.  Depending on age colour film was used, especially by the Americans, during WW2. If you are looking for realism there are plug-ins for LR that will create the look of the older colour film.

I have LR so will give this a go :) Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

The last tank I saw posted here was from Colin ages ago !

Very fond of a bit of 'heavy metal' myself and what a set you have taken :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×