Me and Denis are meeting up for the Hebden Bridge Vintage Car Rally and Historic and Commercial Vehicle Society Trans Pennine Run on Sunday 5th Aug 2018 .

If anyone else would like to join us, we're planning to arrive in Hebden Bridge by 9am and leave by 5pm at the latest...

Ryewolf Ryewolf
T0oC0ol

Main Battle Tanks

A few from this weekend at Tankfest. Great day out! Colour or B&W? My thinking is B&W would suit older Tanks maybe?

IMG_8964-2-XL.jpg

IMG_8964-XL.jpg

IMG_8968-2-XL.jpg

IMG_8968-XL.jpg

IMG_9033-2-XL.jpg

IMG_9033-XL.jpg

Tommy :)

• Like 1

Good set of images well done............:14_relaxed:

• Like 1

Prefer the colour myself.   Nice one.  

• Like 1

Colour shots for me, too. Nice work!

Korky

• Like 1

On 26/06/2017 at 22:09, T0oC0ol said:

A few from this weekend at Tankfest. Great day out! Colour or B&W? My thinking is B&W would suit older Tanks maybe?

WW1 Tanks maybe.  Depending on age colour film was used, especially by the Americans, during WW2. If you are looking for realism there are plug-ins for LR that will create the look of the older colour film.

• Like 1

A great set TooCool.......I like both the colour and the mono versions....

I was very familiar with post-war battle tanks once, having done my National Service with the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards in Germany 1956/1958  one of the first Regiments to have the mighty CONQUERER battle Tank  ...... a monster which eventually proved not to be as effective as first thought, but I saw it in its infancy so to speak.

Sadly very few, if any, remain in working order, after being used for target practice on the live firing ranges..........if you are keen, look them up.

FUJI

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FUJI said:

A great set TooCool.......I like both the colour and the mono versions....

I was very familiar with post-war battle tanks once, having done my National Service with the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards in Germany 1956/1958  one of the first Regiments to have the mighty CONQUERER battle Tank  ...... a monster which eventually proved not to be as effective as first thought, but I saw it in its infancy so to speak.

Sadly very few, if any, remain in working order, after being used for target practice on the live firing ranges..........if you are keen, look them up.

FUJI

Thanks - yes, will take a look. My lad (15) is mad into tanks and was telling me the names of all of them as went round Bovington museum.

9 hours ago, colinb said:

WW1 Tanks maybe.  Depending on age colour film was used, especially by the Americans, during WW2. If you are looking for realism there are plug-ins for LR that will create the look of the older colour film.

I have LR so will give this a go :) Thanks.

The last tank I saw posted here was from Colin ages ago !

Very fond of a bit of 'heavy metal' myself and what a set you have taken :1311_thumbsup_tone2: