Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Birmingham at Night

Stravinsky

That's a nice first image.  I am really liking the composition. The coloured lights to the right are nice and the lit wall on the left looks great.  The layers of buildings give a great sense of depth.  The moon is a good touch and adds atmosphere.  Loads of interest along the path.  Really like it.  

Thanks ... I went back two nights in a row to prove or disprove a discussion :5_smiley:

As it was taken with a 16 -35 @16, someone mentioned I could have taken it at f4 and still got the complete scene in focus (original taken at f11).  I lost the argument.  He was right 

I like the image, but it's frustrating me because some to the buildings look familiar, yet I can't place the scene -- I guess quite a bit has changed since I left Brum in 2007, and even more since I was pounding the towpaths up to the mid-90's

10 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

Thanks ... I went back two nights in a row to prove or disprove a discussion :5_smiley:

As it was taken with a 16 -35 @16, someone mentioned I could have taken it at f4 and still got the complete scene in focus (original taken at f11).  I lost the argument.  He was right 

Yes and no - depends on camera setting. Some people would 'up' the iso but if you are using a tripod you can shoot this kind of scene at f4 iso 100, the trade-off is the exposure time and items like the lights moving in the wind.    Are you shooting in raw? Helps if you do as you can pull some of the highlights back. I'm always a sucker for a night shoot and it's nice to see someone else giving it a go.:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

2 hours ago, colinb said:

Yes and no - depends on camera setting. Some people would 'up' the iso but if you are using a tripod you can shoot this kind of scene at f4 iso 100, the trade-off is the exposure time and items like the lights moving in the wind.    Are you shooting in raw? Helps if you do as you can pull some of the highlights back. I'm always a sucker for a night shoot and it's nice to see someone else giving it a go.:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Yes, I always shoot in RAW.

Camera settings

Canon 5Diii / 16-35 L

ISO 100, F9 when I checked, not f11 as I originally thought, 8 seconds 

For a local photography group I organise night shoots in and around Birmingham so we are often out there.  I love taking shots of Birmingham at night and with a small group we have the added security as well 

17 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

This was taken from the steel canal bridge in Regency Wharf.  Broad Street is behind me and I was looking towards the Mailbox and the Cube (on the left) 

Looks like they've done lot between Gas Street and the canal -- the left and centre fitted Gas Street Basin, but I couldn't fit the right hand side.

10 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

For a local photography group I organise night shoots in and around Birmingham so we are often out there.  I love taking shots of Birmingham at night and with a small group we have the added security as well 

Shame you are 2 hours away otherwise I would join you!

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, NannyFerret said:

This is a lovely capture. Is the white building where they sure hand made burgers?

I would love to see Birmingham at night from the new library.

I got some from there in the daytime before.

No, thats a pub ... the hand made burger place is way back behind the camera.  Sadly I read the Handmade Burger Co went into liquidation earlier this week.   You're looking towards the Cube and Mailbox here

7 minutes ago, NannyFerret said:

I see. The little pink boat goes towards the Mailbox, doesn't it?

Theres the water taxi small boat.  I'm not sure if it goes up to the mailbox, Ive seen it going the other direction by Brindley Place

Archived