Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

From Waterloo Bridge

THELONGMAN

That's a fabulous vista .Geoff... and if you want to portray  the vibrance and bustle of a major  City  ... you've done just that  without seeing hundreds of the inhabitants . I love that it's busy ... That's what London is ... busy.. . a really  nice balance to the  composition  ... . Lovely work  Geoff ...

Could have been a contributory factor, there are still flowers on all the lamp posts and a mass of flowers outside New Scotland Yard. There was a demonstration on by the right wing movements which meant hundreds of riot police and vans around Lambeth Saturday afternoon.

Busy ? Yes - very, but as Polly has said its London.

But I do find it a little over sharp on the water, although I think partly due to the processing as the sky looks grey rather like the whites need lifting and a little more saturation on the cyan would really make this picture 'pop'. A very nice 'busy' picture that I think you have not got the best out of it - yet :-)

I actually rather like less blue in the sky ... For me  making too much of the sky in this context would have taken away a lot of the emphasis on the  rest of the vista ...  In fact I quite like the thought of a mono version without massive contrasts in the tones ... But  there you go ... Thank gawd  we are all different  ,,,,,?

6 hours ago, CMunzel said:

Interesting feedback about the sky. I thought the photo had been a bit de-saturated deliberately. 

The sky isn't desaturated, that would just drop the colour but leave the white tones white. I'm assuming its been 'burnt' which often gives that grey dull look to the white and mid-tones and that is leaving the river tones white making it 'glare' which drags the eye bottom right.

Any chance of seeing the unedited version?

I do see where  you are coming from Colin ... Looks like part of the whites in the sky  have been over exposed and  in an attempt to  retrieve  it has gone that  strange grey colour  ....I get that if i havent used an  ND filter  and shooting into very bright light .. ...

22 minutes ago, colinb said:

The sky isn't desaturated, that would just drop the colour but leave the white tones white. I'm assuming its been 'burnt' which often gives that grey dull look to the white and mid-tones and that is leaving the river tones white making it 'glare' which drags the eye bottom right.

Any chance of seeing the unedited version?

This is the jpeg not the RAW a;so a mono version from the RAW file

SK3A2834.jpg

SK3A2834 Mw.jpg

Hmmm...that puts a new complexion on things ... The first one in colour  looks as if  the sky is mostly fine   and it would appear that the contrast has been taken down to beyond minus 50 and resulted in that greying of the whites . The bright  water  reflecting lightt  under rthe right hand span seems to be  " burned " out and maybe in order to retrieve some definition there  the sky area has been comprpmised  . I  have to say  this mono  conversion  does not work well for me  as whites seem to be enirely missing . It's good to play with ideas  and I respect that Geoff does not allow editing of his images ... But I  am itching  to ask him to play with it some more as I love the content ... ..:thumbup:

9 hours ago, Clicker said:

I respect that Geoff does not allow editing of his images ... But I  am itching  to ask him to play with it some more as I love the content ... ..:thumbup:

Me too Polly, great shot but I would like to try and see what I could come up with using the Raw file.

2 minutes ago, THELONGMAN said:

Sorry Colin, Id forgotten that, feel free to have a bash at it,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff very good of you, I'll give the jpg a go tonight but don't expect a lot as I'm used to working with Raw

Well I had a go but it is certainly a picture of contrasts and I would advise maybe buying a CP filter next time :-)

Geoff if you wish your are more than welcome to send me the Raw file using the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/97Zt74i9q05gpUNoUeoa

Just noticed the file has lost some of its sharpness after uploading to here?

Thames_.thumb.jpg.0740d8bca242d0e10c1968429f1f93b8.jpg

Raw edit - click to view the large

58e6a75e3e1d4_Thames3.thumb.jpg.7f9198bd6cb1d31c51a566ab7377e3f1.jpg

Archived