Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SAYING GOODBYE ISNT EASY

FUJI

Today, very sadly we all had to say our last goodbyes to our lovable scruff of a moggy......Big Ollie.......he had been with us for just over 18 years, so close a full term for the average cat

Very few months ago now we noticed a black spot on his pink nose, it didn't bother him one jot, but it's rapid growth caused a visit to the vet, where he always behave impeccably .....sad to say the diagnosis was an incurable, sun caused melanoma.........We were advised to let him live for as long as he was happy.....this we did, until yesterday when he began to show the first signs of discomfort.....his poor pink nose had been eaten away.

An extremely loving scruffbag of a cat, who lived and patrolled the fields, the wood and the back lane to our house, he had various feeding points, Big Ollie was loved by everyone, even the many dog walkers who were amused by his way of sitting just behind our gate deliberately teasing their pooches.

Likewise, his regular summer habit of sprawling full length in the dry dust of the back lane, daring motorists to run him over, it took three or for blasts of a car horn to shift him, then he would stroll off, with tail and head held high.

Big Ollie could be a thorn in the side of my boss......housework and hovering done....then in would stroll ...the Big-Un .....trailing brambles, straw and dried seed heads behind him, from all the hedge bottoms he had hunted in.

When young he was prevented from catching birds by having a very large bell attached to his collar, you could here him coming yards away, the bell didn't stop him bringing home mice, rats, moles and even a rabbit one day......these he consumed with relish on the back lawn.....no wonder he was huge......a mini lion, in fact.

He really wasn't meant to be our cat, as a tiny kitten  he belonged to my son and his little family when they lived with us .....when they moved to the other side of town, Big Ollie repeatedly walked back here, after a dozen attempts at keeping him in his new home, we all gave up ....he adopted us.

My eldest son who lives with us now,  doted on him, it was his chosen sad duty to hold Big Ollie for his final sleep.....a devastating time for him especially, the same for all who knew that unique lovable scruffy  furball.

RIP Big Ollie.

FUJI

IMG_0300.JPG

I am so sad to hear that the day has finally come Fooj  and what a privilege it is to know that we are able to prevent further suffering to our beloved pets by being brave and putting their feeling above our own when we make that final decision .. I know how hard it can be  but you know in your heart that you owe it  to them, for all the pleasure they have given us over such a long time,  to prevent  further  suffering . It has been a pleasure  for me to follow his antics on  here for  the past two years so  thank you  for sharing  some of his adventures  with us .. I m  sure he's leaving a big empty space in his absence  but fills your heart with memories . Xx

Sad news indeed.

I recently heard this said about dogs but as a cat lover I think it applies just as well.

A cat will bring you some of the best days of your life, and one of the worst.

So long Big Ollie.

Sorry to read this Fuji, but we knew the day had to come, and, the final act of love was done to avoid any more suffering etc. Big Ollie was a lovely boy and I'm sure you will have pictures of him that will make you smile when you look at them. RIP Ollie. Good thoughts to all of you Fuji. xx

Thank you all......

Your replies have been very comforting.......I treasure the photograph, above, of our late beautiful rough diamond of a moggy.....he found a place in so many people's hearts.

For his size and wheight he was the gentlest of Tom cats......he was so good even during during his many visits to the vets.

To raise a smile, just study that pic.

FUJI

Archived