Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Early morning near miss-Dashcam footage

Denis

Omg Denis ... That made me feel quite sick ... And brought back flashbacks of my accident last year ...

That must have made you take a sharp intake of breath  ...what impressed me was that you never uttered a word !! 

I can tell you now that the woman who smashed into me last June  pleaded guilty by post but I was at the court and a judge who was stepping in to help out the magistrates who had 131 cases for one day , dealt with my case . He was so shocked at the dash cam footage that he summonsed her to appear in  person  in January  to explain and state why she thought she shouldn't lose her licence . She was prosecuted for driving without due care and attention  but he thought it was borderline dangerous driving . She appeared this time a few weeks ago  and got 6  points on her licence ( she already had 3 )  and about £400 fine .. .. I am pleased to see the law changes regarding hand held mobile phone use while driving   I hope that works  to stop more people doing it . 

Pleased to to see you're ok . Too  many lunatics driving on the roads ... Grrr 

Cheers all,

Polly mentioned that I didnt say anything, I suppose after 41 years of commercial driving,I have practically seen it all.

I certainly expect it all though, as the standard of driving over the last few years has dropped dramatically. Mind you there are occasions where I do act vocally ;)

A worryingly common occurrence unfortunately. Out on the roads yesterday, first day of the enhanced mobile phone fines/points and I saw at least a half dozen people using theirs both in a hand talking and also texting whilst driving on a motorway at the national speed limit. What annoyed me even more is I have started to turn off the engine whilst I'm sitting by the side of a road or even a parking bay and need to input the next postcode into the phone's satnav so it is possible to abide by simple laws. 

I hope the police have a major crack down over the next month of so and there are some high profile bans reported to give people a wakeup call.

They are worth their weight in gold in my opinion ... It was the reason the Police prosecuted the other driver when she wrote off my new  car  last year.  We were driving out of a Sainsbury car park a while ago when we noticed a woman with three kids in the back of a  Chelsea Tractor behind us driving with her phone up to her ear .Hoping she would stop using  it once she had left the car park  we were appalled to see she was still using it two minutes later still as we reached a very busy roundabout .  . Hubby stopped at the  entrance and got out and walked towards her whereupon she put the phone down and wound the window down a tad . He said in a very quiet and calm voice , " Madam , you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself, risking the lives of three innocent children by driving and holding your phone . I hope  you never have to go to their funeral because of  your irresponsible attitude . Please don't ever do this again ".. She looked totally shocked and never said a word . Trouble is is one is likely to get  verbally or even physically abused if you remonstrate with someone over this so  it isn't always a good idea.. As you say  Beepy ... Some high profile  actions might  work ... 

Archived