Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

52 Project People - You're attention, please!

Korky

I really want the 52 Project to be a bloody great success in 2017. I don't want it to get boring and for people to start dropping out because it's just the same old, same old. I think the monthly challenge thingie will help make things more interesting, but I've also had an idea.

How about a few extra challenges? Ones that are peppered willy-nilly throughout the year and will add an element of randomness to the whole thing.

What I'd like to start with next week - brace yourselves for this one - is for each of us to produce a self portrait. Yes, a self portrait.

How do y'all feel about this one, my little pumpkins?

Korky

Oh dear Korks ... This idea could have the opposite effect ;)They   could all be leaving in droves rather than  risk putting their faces on  the net .... :lol: I 'm game ...but I'll be incognito !

I see where you're coming from Korks... just a bit concerned that  if there are too many restrictions on what is an acceptable photo  for the week  it may  deter some people who don't have as much time as the likes of me and you ... Just   a shot over the bows to discuss ...I am all for some loose themes  that make us think .. Like ,,, a view from a window ,,,, my front door ... A street  near my home.   A study of  hands , Do shoes have characters ? Can parked cars ever make an interesting picture ...:whistle:

I'm not sure what's so scary about this, but Herr Lumix seems to be running for his bunker in the hills. Beyond the pale my a*se!

OK - point taken. I'll delete this thread in the morning and I won't take it further.

Kliks - I really like some of your suggestions for themes. In fact I like all of 'em.

Korky

Ooh dont be too hasty Korks ...see what t'others say first ... Tis only the  lovely Chris so far  who's heading for the  hills ... bless him ... since when has Mr Lumix been a gauge for  normal reactions ....:sofa:

Ouch  Chris ... that  hurt !:vava:

I'm up for it Kork's.....it is only fair......after all I expect many of my subjects to be seen as in my portfolio......this, is, after all a Photographic forum.

Go for it, I say......the ravages of lifestyle and time may take their toll, but, as you know, from many of my Street Portraits.....wonderful and amazing character can shine through.

Now, I'm laughing to myself, recalling the episode of....Dad's Army, when senior officers thought the Wilmington-of-Sea patrol, were far too old to be even Home-Guard.....the Scots undertaker Frazier, filled his mouth with cotton wool, and plastered his face with undertaker's elmbalming make-up.....it was hilarious.

Besides, don't all you lasses use, all those miracle creams they advertise on tv?.....Go on!......You know it's worth it!

Besides, how will we know each other on June the 10th.....or are you all going to wear hoodies?

FUJI

OK, I was hasty and I'm now encouraged.

How's about we go for it next week and allow anyone who's a bit flaky to play a joker?

I'll leave this thread open to see how it develops, but for anyone who's not sure they can do a self portrait..........

I'm 68 years old, I'm saggy and baggy, crinkly and wrinkly. I have bits that only work when medicated and bits that don't work at all. I don't shave very often, I enjoy an extremely satisfying level of flatulence and I can't complete the Guardian crossword without cheating at least twice. And if I eat cheese..... well, to be honest, you don't want to know what happens if I eat cheese!

Korky

OK, I lied about the cheese, but you get my drift!

Never liked my photo taken - it steals your soul, dontcha know!

But, in for a penny, in for a pound, I'll try and see how this selfie thing works, plus I'll be down with the kids then, wont I! 

<Staggers off practicing pouty fish faces>

OK, that's good stuff, I'll give you all a reminder when I start next week's thread.

Looks like it's 11 x self portraits and 1 x summat else - will the joker play another fish pie I wonder?

Korky

Archived