Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Beatrice

VWGolf

I am no expert in portrait work but I just don't like to see an image with no comment when you have gone to the trouble to post it!   :)

My observations tell me that I like it. I like the pose. Lovely eyes with nice catch lights. I find a few stray hairs maybe a little distracting along with the back of the chair / sofa on the bottom left of frame. Whilst she is a lovely model some of the makeup on the forehead has maybe slightly different shades which has probably been amplified by the lighting? I really like the deep reds of her dress and the lipstick, they compliment each other well.  I think you maybe have some sensor dust as well? There is a small blemish about 2/3rds of the way up the frame on the right hand side.

Like I said, I cannot really comment technically but is is a very pleasing image. I wish I could take one like this.   :) 

Thank you, Kev - just the sort of critique I wanted and addresses various points.
The model is aged just 14 and I think she may have applied her own make-up.  There was no MUA present, and her hair could have done with being arranged, but she was not my model and it was not my session, so I took her just as she was.

Her pose is good and I think she will go on to greater things.  The poor girl was there in a backless frock, and the heating in the studio wasn't working - we were all wearing our coats!  I can zoom in and see her goosebumps, but she did not complain.
I hadn't noticed that bit of sensor dust - my D750 is away being serviced, so I was using my son's D300 - and I was there not so much for the shooting as for the advanced PhotoShop class which was in the afternoon.

The picture is cropped - the whole scenario was her lying on a chaise long, but as I had only taken a 50mm lens with me, I wasn't able to get the full shot and yes, the back of the chaise is distracting.  

This picture really needs more work doing on it, but not sure if it's worth bothering with.  The second part of the course next month will have, presumably, a model to shoot and hopefully I shall have my own camera and lenses back.  And it may even be a bit warmer than this time! :)

And next time I post, I will make the effort to say something about it :)

Archived