Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

PORTRAITS FROM A BUS WINDOW

FUJI

Sitting on the bus as it crawled up the Parade in Royal Leamington Spa, I thought I would use Zone focusing on one of my £15 Russian Manual lenses....I managed to shoot all of these whilst the bus was at stops.

A bit marmity for some, I know but I like them....I love stretching the boundaries:

Observations and comments very welcome:

FUJI

PORTRAITS FROM A BUS 5  MONO F Film Noir.jpg

PORTRAITS FROM A BUS 4 mono.jpg

PORTRAITS FROM A BUS 2 mono.jpg

PORTRAITS THROUGH A BUS WINDOW 3 colour HDR.jpg

PORTRAITS FROM A BUS 6 mono Film Noir.jpg

I've been on a bit of a downer recently, various things going on, but as soon as I got my notification for this post I just had to come in and comment.

2 and 4, not my cup of tea. 3 and 5, nicely done. but number 1, number 1 is a fantastic image IMO, it jumped right out at me straight away.
Excellent work Fooj! :yes

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

No. 1 is a cracker and the best of the bunch, but for us colonials, what does marmity mean?

Oh! Dear Brian.....I thought you would know...

Marmite is a by product of brewing, a thick tarry spread for bread and toast.....you Ozzie;s have a similar product called...Vegimite I understand.

Why Marmity ?     Because folk....Love it.....or....Hate it.....nothing in between.

Many thanks for you very positive comment.

FUJI

55 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Why Marmity ?     Because folk....Love it.....or....Hate it.....nothing in between.

I should have guessed! But I'm sure is can't be as bad a Vegemite which has to be the most disgusting substance in the universe. But many an Aussie has been raised solely on Vegemite sandwiches....and survived!

They say it's good for night cramps if you spread it on the soles of your feet. But nobody would want to wash your sheets.

Yes, number 1 has a great quality about it - I like that one very much.

But, for me, the window reflections are where the Marmite kicks in. I start to pull funny faces, spit out my toast crusts, shout 'Im not eating this' and get sent to bed with no food till breakfast.

Korky

Thank you  Korky and co......your responses all go to help me be a better photographer, they mean a lot to me...

I quite like the one where that large face is grimacing, apparently at me and my camera.....in truth, he was in the act of pulling one of his trainers over a heel, his head came much closer to the window as a result of his bending.....I just love the comparison between him and the serene look on that young lady.

You can see where the manual lens was focused because the shop window notices are readable, despite the thick glass of the bus window.

FUJI

2, 3 and 5 I find very strong, very effective, all in different ways. 1 is - as you say - Marmitey, and doesn't do it for me, though I recognise what others see in it. 4 doesn't work at all I find, too much reflection on the most interesting part of the picture.

They are all super FUJI but I like number 2 the best and I think it just shows what a very fine sharp lens you got for £15. (Those Russia lenses can be a bit hit and miss).

As for the Marmite/Vegemite debate I would add that it has a very useful secondary purpose as it works as a midge, gnat and mosquito repellent, all you need to do is spread a little on your morning toast, eat it,  and you will not be bothered by the pests. There is an alternative, which is to take a daily Vitamin B12 complex tablet. You will then exude a noisome odour to the insects and they will leave you alone. (It doesn't work though if you have Pernicious Anemia.)

1 hour ago, kev7d said:

Number one is the standout shot for me.  I am still trying to figure out what is happening. The grittiness and noise on the face adds to the quality of the image.  Nice work on the bus FUJI.  

Here you go Kev.......The colour original as shot, except for converting it to a JPEG for posting here.

You are probably aware that Royal Leamington Spa, is a Georgian Spa town, with lots of iron balconies and fine stone work...both are reflected in the bus window, in turn the bus strip lights and part of the side are reflected in a busy newsagents window..with that very attractive face caught in between it all.

My carefully considered post processing has featured all of this to an advantage

FUJI

BUS PORTRAI 1 UNTOUCHED, AS TAKEN.jpg

Once again, a huge thank you.......

With ref to time to take shots like these.......I do realise that being fully retired, offers time that others may not have.....all of these were taken during an essential return bus  journey from the hospital.....a split second decision for each shot almost every time the bus stopped on the Parade .....the main shopping street of Leamington Spa.

I carry my GX7 M4/3 camera everywhere when I'm out and about.

FUJI

What an interesting set Fooj ...  First one  is a  corker  for me ... after seeing the original , congrats on the clever processing too ..The wrought tronwork is absolutely a key ingredient  that makes it work . Well done  Sir ..

Archived