Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Shelby Mustang

Illusionaryarts

thank you. to get the smoke, create a layer over your subject and render diffference clouds. cut out a small section and delete the rest. stretch the smaller section so it covers your image. it basically blurs the smoke. then use gradients and play with the colours on a layer above that. choose soft light or colour dodge as the blend mode. play round with it till it looks what you want then merge the gradient and smoke. change the blend mode of the smoke layer to soft light. add a mask and invert it. and then paint it back in.

I normally invert to paint back in when I find it easier to see where I want the effect as oppposed to trying to target the area I want through the effect.  Does that make sense? IA may have different  reasons though?  

8 hours ago, kev7d said:

I normally invert to paint back in when I find it easier to see where I want the effect as oppposed to trying to target the area I want through the effect.  Does that make sense? IA may have different  reasons though?  

I just assumed that "play round with it till it looks what you want then merge the gradient and smoke. change the blend mode of the smoke layer to soft light." had already achieved the wanted effect?

12 hours ago, Illusionaryarts said:

the graident and smoke are not on the same layer as the car so by inverting the mask, you can then choose where to paint it

Agreed, but by blending it with the car layer, haven't you already positioned it where you want?

6 hours ago, Illusionaryarts said:

I have but without the inverted mask, it covered the car too. so with the inverted mask it was eaiser with the tablet and pressure to create the smoke more realisically around the car and concentrate it in parts

Ah. See your point. You know, I've been a Photoshop user for around 15 years, but never used masks, never got to grips with them. But then, with Photoshop, there's a million and one ways to do the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived