Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Oldsmageddon

a composite of the flat iron building which I took when I was in NYC during my Ba hons degree and a beautiful Oldsmobile which I took at Krispy Creme car meet early last year. I've also added the image minus the funky background and my doomsday edit. I'm pleased to say I just sold a copy of the Oldsmageddon image on displate,

oldsmageddon-2 copy.jpg

ephotozine.jpg

Some imaginative work on display here  Kenny... Looks like loads of layers  were probably required..... the  exploding brickwork looks most effective ...I'd love  you  to show the original photos  just to  encourage people on here  to see just what  is possible with, sometimes, quite ordinary images ... Well  worked and executed .:clap:

Love the car, love the picture of the car. Impressed by the work in the top picture but I'm finding no connection with the car other than its in the way of me viewing what going on behind it and I want to know what is going on behind it.  In a way I think it devalues your work on the street scene as there are many photoshop user who will download a picture off the net and slap and picture of something on top. But as you have sold a copy maybe I'm wrong ???

Valid and valued points which is what I love to get. The Oldsmageddon one was done after the one without the background on and to be honest, I prefer the latter with nothing only the car in. The first image was a bit of fun that I thought I would post.  It is indeed many layers using brushes from Ron Devainey who does some amazing things you can get for photoshop.

The classic car season starts again in Febuary and I am hoping legs willing to go to a few and get some ace cars which I wont be blowing up or having attacked by aliens lol.  To be honest also, I'm a tad disappointed that the original car did not sell any images but the apocalypse version did. Obviously someone like me has a warped sense of humour. I do wonder what people sometimes like and dont like when buying art.

hopefully, if I get some really good cars, I might do a series of them, edited like the last one on here as a series and try to sell them.

3 hours ago, Illusionaryarts said:

The classic car season starts again in Febuary and I am hoping legs willing to go to a few and get some ace cars which I wont be blowing up or having attacked by aliens lol.  To be honest also, I'm a tad disappointed that the original car did not sell any images but the apocalypse version did. Obviously someone like me has a warped sense of humour. I do wonder what people sometimes like and dont like when buying art.

- I can think of a few "Classics' that should be blown up, the Allegro for one:stuart:

Funny thing selling car pics I used to do quite a few digital images (two below which look rather dated next to your stuff) but I sell more classics taken with the owners in the car while attending an event (bottom pic)  ???? Although I'm not complaining they take for less time.

redvecC.JPG

astravxt2.jpg

Wolsley10 x 8.jpg

The armageddon shot just doesn't twang my braces I'm afraid. Technically it's nothing short of excellent (some great PP work there), but the comic-book style image just isn't for me. I've never really had much of a leaning towards super-heroes, super-powers, orcs, dwarves, zombies, elves, magic swords, wizards or characters called Mygor or Twango-Bok. Sorry!

Shot two is a completely different matter - I absolutely love this image. The POV is just superb and that processing of yours just makes me drool with admiration. Good one!

Korky

I wish the customers of displate shared your enthusiasm about the second one Korky. They dont pay much per image and it literally took me two years to make 60 quid LOL.  No need to say sorry about not liking the first image. We are all individuals with out own personal tastes and its best if you don't like something and want to say you dont like it, to explain why- which is what you did and I thank you for it.

Colin.... you wont believe it but in my younger days, I lusted after the All aggro until I started to spot loads of them broken down in the street with the front end geometry akimbo where the struts had gone( a common thing back then on all British Leyland built cars) and if that didn't get them, the rust did.

I like all kinds of car photography. At the moment I'm an accredited photographer with formula 750 motorclub and have shot a few races with them and know a good few of the drivers. I also love classy modern cars with beautiful lines. The car doesn't have to be 70 years old. Anything that has aesthetic beauty catches my eye and usually I know just how to process the image before I take it.

I might if I find them, post the commercial things I shot for Doomsday Impala with model Strawberry Venom when I shot with a fellow photographer to get images for sponsors for the car. Quite a few of them got into Fast car, auto mag and Fuel magazine to name but a few... but I think it was the girl wot got me them published. ( and she was not naked either)

even better when parked on the side of the road propped up on a car jack because the front geometry of the steering went on them making them look knickneed with the front wheels. I also remember some Vanden plas owners getting those horrible black louvred covers for the back windscreen and you could always have a laugh cos those would be the ones with the huge dent in the middle of the boot where they could'nt see out the rear window and would reverse into bollards.

Archived