Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

1932 Ford Duce Sedan

Illusionaryarts

I loved this car when I saw it. It reminded me of the Ant hill mob in the cartoon " the perils of Penelope Pitstop" when it was driven by the Ant Hill mob. I took this on the car-park at the side of Krispy Creme in Manchester earlier this year before the meet finished due to them building on the car park. It is now going to take place at Barton airfield instead. Still in the Manchester area but more interesting place to take a car image. I've been doing a series of automotive art images with a view to selling them on an on-line sales site and this was the latest one.

People asked me on facebook what plugins and software I used to create this image and I told them, primarily I used photoshop and my graphics tablet. I used only one plugin for the image and that was near the end and that was macphun tonality . The image was created using layers, blending modes and photoshop's own tools. I also created my own textures using brushes to create a background and then a gradient layer, blending modes and layer masks to create the soft textued background. The look of the car was done via 50% grey layer and dodge and burn. the blend mode on that layer was soft light . Finally I duplicated the top layer into a combined layer using control/alt/command/E on the mac and then ran tonality to create a rich dark monochrome image. This was then changed to luminosity in the layer mode and I aded a mask and inverted it. Then using a soft brush I painted in the soft highlights. Its a trick a fellow digital artist friend of mine told me. You can do the same by going into LAB mode and choosing the blue channel and copying it but the effect is not as eye catching.

social media-2.jpg

There is a forum on here for tutorials Kenny ... We love to see the Before  and After of a photo so maybe you can do that with this one  ... I am on my iPad at the mo with a poor connection.... So I will put the link in  to the forum we have on here for tutorials ASAP when I get on to my desktop in an hour or so ..   Great look  you have done on your image ... Love the car and the treatment ..  Looks like you should be right at home here ...

thanks guys. I do tend to follow my nose when editing though with no fixed way to to things. I sort of go with the flow and and see where it goes. next time I do an edit though I will write down what I do and try to make some sort of tutorial. I'm only learning myself and by no means an expert. sometimes my edits come out looking like a dogs dinner.

Sometimes it's easier just to do screenprints as you go along Kenny  just numbering them in order and that serves as a reminder  as to what you've done ... I would never remember  if I   didn't do screen prints for a tutorial ...Like you ... ... I go with the flow often just experimenting as  I go . Although there are people on the Forum who  are maybe not  as keen on the manipulation and creation of images. other than in camera,   there are enough  to appreciate and share your creative skills on here . I for one  am pleased to see another soul who sees potential in the most unlikely image. .

In case you haven't found it yet here  is the link to the  Before and After   bit I mentioned  earlier :-

I do own a pretty good graphics workstation with windows seven on it but at the moment its not set up. I moved it to the back room to set the room up as a man cave.that one has a couple pf nvidia 980 cards, x99 mobo and 64 gigs ram.. with hex core I7....built for me by Scan computers... oh and its got yosemite on it as a hackintosh...

On 3 January 2017 at 19:33, Illusionaryarts said:

I do own a pretty good graphics workstation with windows seven on it but at the moment its not set up. I moved it to the back room to set the room up as a man cave.that one has a couple pf nvidia 980 cards, x99 mobo and 64 gigs ram.. with hex core I7....built for me by Scan computers... oh and its got yosemite on it as a hackintosh...

I can still run ancient PC software on a free download called DOSBox! I have to nominate its folder as the E: drive (or is it C: drive?) but then it's all as plain sailing as ancient DOS can be... :laughing:

Ah... I see yoiu have now met Herr Lumix ...and luckily  you can now  edit any typos before he jumps on them from a great height .. Just  click on the cog wheel bottom left on your post and find the top option  which is edit ...Et Voila ....no more standing in the corner  wearing the hat if  you post before checking:thumbsup:...

Archived