Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Queen Mary - |Long Beach

David995031

A few months ago we blew a substantial chunk of the kids inheritance on a  30 day road trip through California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada. Over 2000 photos but before you run for cover I am only sharing three in this post. We booked a night on the Queen Mary which is now a floating hotel in Long Beach not as extravagant as you might think when compared to nearby LA. Anyway,

P1040319 - Copy.jpg

P1040317 - Copy.jpg

P1040330 - Copy.jpg

The first two shots are pretty self explanatory. The third was taken into the setting sun which was just kissing the pointy bit at the front (nautical expression).

A nice set David ... My Brother in Law, now 81, was a chef on this ship in the fifties and sixties  and went out to see her once she was taken out of service .he has massrs of memorabilia and very fond memories of her .  I agree with the the comment regarding number three  but i would  have removed that waste  bin on the right too ... unless it's something else that is  important ! ;)

23 hours ago, David995031 said:

I am conscious of the bin in No3, Clicker but with my fledgling Lightroom skills, cloning it out is probably not an option. Could crop out that side of the photo but I think that would upset the balance.

Can you clone in Lightroom? Might need Photoshop (or equivalent thereof).

Nice to see pictures of a grand old lady, who retired about 50 years ago.

Yes, you can clone in Lightroom, Chris.                                                                   Yes she is a grand old lady but there is a strong sense of faded glory about her. The scale of it is amazing though. The corridors, below deck run the full length of the ship (which is almost equivalent  to the height of the Empire State building) You half expect to see a little kid on a three wheeler bike being pursued by a pair of creepy twins.

Archived