Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

TRACKED POWER

FUJI

I recall mentioning the Huge Agricultural Gear which goes past our house and through the town on a daily basis...this is one of the contractor's most impressive bits of kit...I'm glad that light didn't turn red ;-))

FUJI

TRACKED POWER mono.jpg

He won't park that in the local pay and display then.

This one catches my interest.  I think the processing is maybe just a bit too much for me again, and I am really sorry for saying it. ?

Something strange is happening around the posts on the right side? 

1 hour ago, NannyFerret said:

Is that exhaust fumes that I can see?

Yes plus lots of fine soil dust from between the tracks as he braked....all the huge tractors seem to have a top speed of 35 to 45 mph so are not slow....we have an acute bend just above our house...they are either revving towards it or as the leave it....the drivers are all very skilled....our granddaughter's boyfriend has just begun employment with the contractor.

My processing......Yes. I admit something is amiss.....I will return to the original to see what's what....I think some of what you see on that lamppost are the remains f past Christmas Decorations....I will check when next in tow.

Tomorrow should be interesting..My Bulgarian Barber is marrying his Portuguese Fiance, both extended families will be there.....

FUJI

1 hour ago, NannyFerret said:

Is that exhaust fumes that I can see?

That will be dust and debris from the fields exiting the rubber tracks Tina, the exhaust stack is the one on top of the enginge cowling on the left, the other is the air intake. This is an older model of the very powerful CASE brand 9380, being a european model it will most likely have either the IH 9 litre diesel or the more grunty 10 litre IVECO de-marinised V8 380 BHP. Both are SCR regulated engines that emit very low diesel particulates levels.

A very interesting image, Fuji. Lots to look at and if you like machinery, this is one for you. 

As you can imagine, Kobione and myself living in a cropping area, we get lots of the heavy stuff locally. But I don't think I've seen one of these.

Thank you all....

Kenilworth has a typical Medieval town plan......a long-narrow Main Road with side streets and alleys at right angles off, you can see just how narrow the road is here, compared to many other towns, so the sheer bulk of that heavy metal is emphasized......the thing was so powerful it vibrated the ground.....it is the nearest thing to a military tank I have ever seen. Note also the gear it is towing, zip would hate to think how much it all cost......I must Google Sansomes Farm Machiner Hire.

FUJI

11 hours ago, Denis said:

That will be dust and debris from the fields exiting the rubber tracks Tina, the exhaust stack is the one on top of the enginge cowling on the left, the other is the air intake. This is an older model of the very powerful CASE brand 9380, being a european model it will most likely have either the IH 9 litre diesel or the more grunty 10 litre IVECO de-marinised V8 380 BHP. Both are SCR regulated engines that emit very low diesel particulates levels.

Hahahaha - nerd :p

34 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

Now that was Naughty BP.......just go back over the posts where you and other Apple Nerds were discussing all things Apple......greenhouses and throwing stones comes to mind ?

Now.....take a spell on the....Naughty Step......return to my post and comment upon the pic, on your huge Apple monitor.

Fooj......exits Stage left......smiling to self.

44 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

Heh heh!

There are two of the same about half a mile from where I live, they belong to an Agricultural contractor who I know, and I had the pleasure of driving one for a few minutes about eight years ago. Further nerdiness can report that the american built ones use Cummings 11 litre lumps in them and run at about 580 BHP...so there! :lol:

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

Note also the gear it is towing

That looks like it is a gravity fed seed drill, it puts the seed down to the required depth without the need for ploughing. usually called no-till driliing and becoming more popular with farmers these days. It all folds up for towing on the road but opens up to 6 metres on the field.

14 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Now that was Naughty BP.......just go back over the posts where you and other Apple Nerds were discussing all things Apple......greenhouses and throwing stones comes to mind

Now.....take a spell on the....Naughty Step......return to my post and comment upon the pic, on your huge Apple monitor.

Fooj......exits Stage left......smiling to self.

Ok then.

The blacks have lost all detail forming solid clumps of nothingness, the sky and many of the highlight areas have been recovered beyond the capability of the sensor giving them a strange flat greyness, the verticals are all to cock, you have halos caused by over processing and because of the tight cropping there isn't enough space to the left of the tractor for it to drive into giving the image a slightly unbalanced feel while positioning yourself a touch to the right would have removed that out of focus and distracting sign thats creeping in on the extreme left.

BP exits stage left shaking his head wondering why its not possible to have a laugh on one of your threads without you either throwing a hissy fit, coming back with a story about the bloody war or blethering on about naughty steps....

Ps. I'll add a smilie as that makes it ok :dizzy:..........and.......some.......random......strings.....of.......full.....stops.....:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

28 minutes ago, Denis said:

That looks like it is a gravity fed seed drill, it puts the seed down to the required depth without the need for ploughing. usually called no-till driliing and becoming more popular with farmers these days. It all folds up for towing on the road but opens up to 6 metres on the field.

Thanks Denis........I often wonder what this huge beast and the other huge tractors they own are towing.....amazing how it all folds up for road travel amongst ordinary traffic.

The same company own at least five huge combines, massive trailers, plus other mysterious agricultural gear....it all  travels from base, and back past our house, not all at the same time but on a daily basis.

I appreciate your informative feedback. 

FUJI

Archived