Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE BIG YIN!

FUJI

WELL!.....Here it is.....The Big Yin!........The AIRBUS  A380 the largest passenger plane in the World, flying  right over our house at just after midday today. This was the fourth day of its daily return trip from Dubai to Birmingham Airport, just 12 miles away.

This truly enormous plane has to be seen to be believed..........two decks........ circa 600 passengers....an incredible wingspan....four massive engines....yet it whispers in at just above stall speed....a truly remarkable aircraft.

I feel privileged to be able to witness its arrival on most days.....unless the wind direction forces an alternative approach away from the house.

We get so used to a plane every few minutes at busy times, we hardly notice them...but you just cant ignore this beastie:

You can use this shot if you wish Robin.

FUJI

EMIRATES A380 on approach to Birmingham Airport 31 March 2016 forum.jpg

Hi, Ron,

'It is definitely the A380, I watch the airport radar every so often.....here is a video of a very recent test landing taken by a Plane Spotter at the airport last week...

FUJI

The A denotes Airbus, they are huge lumps are they not? The rivalry between Boeing and Airbus is legendary, Boeing went for the Dreamliner thinking the days of the Jumbo were over and Airbus took what was left of the market with the 380. *Factoid* , the take off weight is around 600 tons, yes you read right 600 tons! The Boeing 747 had a takeoff weight of 430 tons...a fair bit of difference eh?

On 31 March 2016 at 20:15, FUJI said:

Hi, Ron,

'It is definitely the A380, I watch the airport radar every so often.....here is a video of a very recent test landing taken by a Plane Spotter at the airport last week...

FUJI

Look at the way the wings flex when the load comes off them :crazy:

Hell's bells, that is one big plane - amazing.

I've never really understood plane spotting or train spotting or writing down bus numbers or filling a book with football stickers. Am I a bit strange? Or just in touch with my feminine side?

Korky

1 hour ago, Korky said:

I've never really understood plane spotting or train spotting or writing down bus numbers or filling a book with football stickers. Am I a bit strange? Or just in touch with my feminine side?

Korky

I tried them all Korky, but nearly got arrested with my pots of paints and brushes......

FUJI

On 4 April 2016 at 09:34, Korky said:

Korky

No, nor me. Though I do remember aged 12 trying to get EVERY American Civil War bubblegum card in the set... 

Archived