Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Tall Ships Festival 2014.....

WereBo

I went to the 'Royal Greenwich Tall Ships Regatta' last year, 'twas a great day indeed seeing so many beautiful ships, apart from the aches from too much walking - I really suffered the next day.... :lol:

DSCF3894.jpg

DSCF3899.jpg

DSCF3906.jpg

DSCF3928.jpg

The old Royal Naval College makes a wonderful backdrop....

DSCF3944.jpg

Thanks folks, having the Thames nearby is one of the few joys of living where I am.....

Warmth added to 1st & last piiccies, I did consider cropping #3, but I like the row of gulls sat on the railings, admiring the view.... :lol:

Although all the ships were beautiful to see, this one was my personal 'Star Of Show' - The 'Dar Młodzieży'  (Polish for 'The Gift of Youth', a perfect name for a youth-training ship)....

DSCF3818.jpg

DSCF3964.jpg

The masts behind the trees in the background is the 'Cutty Sark'....

DSCF3967.jpg

Gulls on the Thames....

DSCF4183.jpg

DSCF4182.jpg

Thanks Chris, I'd tweaked the levels on a few pics that needed it and noticed some had a decidedly blueish caste to 'em, this one must've been overlooked.

Not exactly a job I'd fancy having to do, but at least the water's calm.....

DSCF3775.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

There was also a lot of fun to be had on land too, I don't remember seeing anything like this in any of the films though....

DSCF3863.jpg

Thank'ee for the kind words peoples :happy: - @ Korky - The tall buildings are part of 'Canary Wharf' on the Isle of Dogs and now London's 'Financial Heart'...... (The Isle of Dogs got it's name 'cos King Henry VIII kept his hunting-dogs kenneled there ;))

Unfortunately (for me anyway), Greenwich was packed with sightseers, either aimlessy meandering around or rushing to get the good spots by the riverfront, as they opened up.  The blurry one is the best of a bad bunch from folks jostling me and each other, to 'get that shot'.

This is the main 'River-Gate' from the Thames to the Naval College (or it was, it's now part of the 'Greenwich University' complex).  The small white building some distance behind, is 'Queen Anne's House', part of the Greenwich Maritime Museum and, right in the far distance at the top of the hill, is 'Flamsteed House', part of the Royal Observatory (look very closely and you can just see one of the domes hiding behind the big tree).

DSCF5698.jpg

The Thames steps.....  I suspect some little kid had been gleaning on the river-bank, before the tide came in.....

DSCF5703.jpg

This is looking up-river, the huge sheds behind is 'Convoys Wharf' where the news-paper used to come in, then transported up to Fleet Street.  Years ago Henry VIII (again...) built the Royal Naval Dockyards there....  I live just t'other side of the trees at the far end of the sheds ;) - Just in front of the 2 white tower-blocks is 'The Foreshore, with some of the original 'Captains Houses' there).  If the weather had been clearer you could also have seen the London skyline too, with The Shard, The Gherkin, The Cheesegrater  and The Walkie-Talkie etc.

DSCF3755.jpg

Archived