Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Poignant Farewell

colinb

Seven Spitfires and Two Hurricanes followed the Vulcan around the airfield perimeter before the Vulcan broke off and headed away - a rather joyous but sad sight.

My photo will certainly not be the best shot of the day but I was rather glad to just be there.

Farewell.jpg

I watched when it flew at Cosford earlier in the summer and took a few video clips of it ...we were having a BBQ at the time at my youngest son's house just a couple of miles away.. Awesome sight ...and it is sad we won't see it again gracing our skies . Thanks for sharing that Colin ... I'm still after one of your fantastic spitfire pics though;)... When you're ready .:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Colin has graciously allowed us to post our pics of that most iconic of tin triangles otherwise known as the Avro Vulcan XH558. She may make her final flight this week and will never fly again after the 30th of October, when all certification for certain airworthy parts will have exceeded operational life.

Farewell from Headcorn Kent...

22414375356_96c9fa9b09_b.jpg

22252410600_340ed795e3_b.jpg

And from North Weald, Essex two weeks ago...

22440370145_30a5f6697a_b.jpg

22427122432_df03d824f8_b.jpg

Fabulous images Denis ... Why is it when I see photos of this plane and that of a Spitfire and Lancaster  ... it makes me just cry .... how daft is that .. No other aircraft makes me feel like that ... it's  so hard to explain .....

Colin has graciously allowed us to post our pics of that most iconic of tin triangles otherwise known as the Avro Vulcan XH558.

Not sure about the graciously bit Denis more like lets give the old girl a good send off :thumbup:

Anyway here are a couple more from me...

VULCAN-2web.jpg

moon%20flight.jpg

The only improvement for the Vulcan-Moon pic is to have it blown up to approx 5'~6' and hanging on a wall, somewhere very prominent....  wink15.gif

Sadly, having just recently rediscovered the joys of air-displays (Headcorn was my 3rd show) I've missed the majority of her flights and my Headcorn shots were mostly rubbishy sigh-1.gif - My only consolation is that I did manage to get to see her, plus the memories will last for my lifetime.  As the Vulcan team says though:- 'Don't cry because it's finished, smile because it happened.  Otherwise, just smile through the tears.....'

On a side-note, the Vulcan is responsible for the only time I ever saw my dad embarrassed....  My parents had taken me to the very 1st Biggin Hill air display back in 1965 and, after several hours of walking around ooohing and aaahing at everything, mum discovered just how comfy the Vulcan's wheels are to sit on just to rest her feet..... 

After a while, the crew came along and, giving a knowing grin to each other, climbed into the plane, shut the door and fired the engines up (with mum still sat on the tyre!!! - No such thing as H&S back then)...  She shot approx 30' across the concrete and said to dad 'Eeh, that didn't 'alf make my knees tremble', to which dad turned bright red and said 'Not in front of the lad dear....'  giggle.gif

This was amognst the best of my attempt, badly framed (the plane kept moving...) but not bad detail, the faint marks on the bomb-bay doors are the names of every person who's donated to the fund to keep her flying.

DSCF5526.jpg

On 26 October 2015 at 19:07:27, WereBo said:

The only improvement for the Vulcan-Moon pic is to have it blown up to approx 5'~6' and hanging on a wall, somewhere very prominent....  wink15.gif

Thank you :blushing:

The Vulcan is my photographic nemesis, I have never managed to get a good close flying shot I'm happy with, considering I grew up in the shadow of RAF Waddington you would think I might have a decent shot or two.

If you don't mind I might be able to improve your shot a little but it is fine shot of the bomb bay.

Please do colinb, go for it :thumbsup:

I only got to see 1 display, I've kept the cr@ppy photos more as 'memory-joggers' for later years to come, than anything else....  I was really pleased that her screaming howl is exactly as I remembered it from 50ish years ago though - At least I'll have lots of Spitfires and Hurricanes around, to play with the Nikon next year.... grin.gif

Archived