Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

What are you reading?

On 27 December 2016 at 07:26, kev7d said:

I have it still to watch this.   Being the Napoleonic fan that I am I will be watching this. I read loads about the period, not just the battles, but the politics and people that surrounded Bonaparte are very interesting in their own right. I am now quite a knowledge on this subject. It keeps my brain occupied.  

You are? :laughing:

• Like 1
On 12/26/2016 at 21:13, ChrisLumix said:

Currently re-reading "Neverwhere". Not sure if it's for kids, YA, or grown-ups, but it's an awesomely original epic adventure.

61BrU9OFT4L._SL300_.jpg

Just discovered Neil Gaiman, am reading American Gods. Pretty strange novel. It's a fantasy but not (so far) in a heavy handed Lord of the Rings/Game of Thrones sort of way. Good read.

• Like 1
On 27/12/2016 at 07:26, kev7d said:

David995031: Just discovered Neil Gaiman, am reading American Gods. Pretty strange novel. It's a fantasy but not (so far) in a heavy handed Lord of the Rings/Game of Thrones sort of way. Good read.

Excuse the bizarre quote mess - sometimes it goes off course in most unexpected ways!

Just wanted to say that if you like American Gods and decide to move on to 'Neverwhere', don't make

the mistake of watching the TV series first; it's horribly miscast, as you would soon see from reading the book.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

blimey it's all a bit high brow on here, I have just finished Essex Boys: The Final Word: No More Myths, No More Lies - The Definitive Story and I have just started Savile - The Beast: The Inside Story of the Greatest Scandal in TV History

first books I have read in a long time. loaded up the kindle app on the ipad ready for my holiday in just over a weeks time

Seriously been looking forward to starting this one, it has been on my bookshelf for a few months now. A study of Bonapartes life from birth 1769 to the year 1805. I believe there will be a second volume coming along at some point. Napoleon - Soldier of Destiny.

33115459951_0de8938cf7_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Napoléon's Infantry Handbook. What was it like to be a soldier in le grande armée? What was a solider expected to carry in his backpack? Pay, drill, behaviour and applying for leave. Its all here! Detail of training, tactics, diet and so on. It is going to be a good read hopefully.

32795505114_596338c759_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In the Words of Napoléon - The Emperor Day By Day.

This book gives an account of Bonaparte's life in the form of a study of the mans own words. A glimpse into Napoléons life through his own words recorded in reports and letters from 1769 - exile in 1815.

33067951924_a5bc21e672_b.jpg

• 3 months later...