Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A blot on the landscape....?

Clicker

On my latest walk I came across this abandoned piece of farm machinery .........rusting and almost obscured in the undergrowth .. It made me both cross about it being just left where it was,  scarring a beautiful natural looking  landscape, and pleased at the photo opportunity it gave me ....Ironic really ...:unsure:retired-to-pasture.thumb.jpg.76694bc39e4.

I do too Judy  ....I like rust in the aesthetic sense ... just don't like the ethos of dumping stuff  in the countryside.... it's the thin end of the wedge ...we have terrible problems with Fly tipping   here ...Two weeks ago  someone dumped a trailer load of rubbish right in the middle of a country lane nearby, round a bend  that  prevented you from seeing it till the last minute ... how no one was killed  I do not know !  Grrrr  don't get me started .....:lol:

I've got the book* :)

Eventually the machinery will be taken over by rust and crumble to almost nothingness. There are some lovely colours and textures in rusty objects. I have a whole series of rusty stuff which I took in the 1990s.

I like rust.

* and most of his others <somewhere>

I had a Rover 2000 in the 90's it liked rust 

I wasnt too keen 

Hi Polly

I dont really have a problem with old farm machinery left at the edge of fields to me it adds something to the scene as you found in your image.

However I do have a problem with old furniture, fridges, washing machines and the like fly tipped in gateways/road side etc.

It is difficult to see but that bit of machinery looks a bit like a turn over plough, which if it is could have been left there as that land will be the first place for it to be used on in the autumn. 

regards

Ron 

I really enjoy seeing engineering artefacts from the past Chris  I remember being fascinated by the lacemaking looms in Nottingham  and loved the Basford Beam engine at Wollaton  museum.... What a beautiful piece of engineering .

Ron .. If you are right ... Then that's fine... I can understand the logic in leaving where it will next be used / needed and as I said ... I was grateful for the photo opportunity it gave me .;)

Rusty old cars are great for photography in HDR though Fuzzy aren't they?:yes

Many farmers around here deliberately leave farm machinery across field entrances or farm/field roads to keep our friendly traveller community from setting up illegal camps. If not blocking paths entrances , they are often left somewhere close at hand to block something if needed quickly.

Archived