Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, colinb said:

I'm thinking many posts drop off the very small new post listings which used to contain many more threads. Partly because of this I often find the competition has reach the voting stage before I have even seen the entry title, for example Chris and the 'Runners Up' I  would have entered I have several pictures which would suit but only now at the voting stage have I seen it. The new threads listing often contains 3 days or more of the 'one a day' pictures  which does crowd out the threads with few postings, which then disappear. I am not complaining just trying to suggest a reason 'why'. 

Is there no way to increase the "new post listings" in Settings? (Doesn't affect me as I use Judy's "7 Day" stream which brings up all posts for the last week .. though if I was here yesterday, there's not many marked as 'new').

I'll have a look tonight, try to figure out some way to give the comps more prominence.

[Edit: We have the countdown timers top right of the forum page, but if anyone has an idea of how to keep the comps current I'll be happy to see if it's feasible.] 

No images from the challenges section appear in the slider, and only the most recent post from the section will appear in the Recent Topics list.
I do agree that they need to be more prominent though, particularly the Weeklys, I'll do some head scratching tonight.

Denis does make a point about the Daily Challenge dominating the threads, possiby coz it's happening every day with at least 5 members posting in at different times, plus any comments. I think that those of us who are in the One a Day challenge are probably watch that forum or thread in any case, so maybe there's a way of removing that thread from the most recent list...

Not that I'd want to limit any comments to that Challenge from anyone who isn't taking part, it's difficult in getting the balance right, you don't want the One a Day cjallenge dominating the most recent threads, but not making it hard to find that tread and see what;s going on

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Struggled a bit with the 'reflections' thread - tried a few things at home in breezy conditions, light rain and not good light. Went out yesterday for a casual geocaching day - guess what - clear blue skies, no wind, no rain - perfect reflections in every bit of water we passed. This was just a grab shot as we passed this dam - I could have taken 50 more like this, but too late. Grrrrr!!

P1080551a.jpg

• Like 1