Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

This weeks weekly challenge is a great opening theme for 2016. I hope we gets lots of entries. I have taken an unusual approach with the image I have entered. Being back to work and with a poorly hubby, I have has to use an image from my archives but I hope to get the camera out soon again, once he's feeling better and this blo*dy rain stops!

I was just thinking, shouldn't Weekly Challenge 28 start today? But we haven't had a previous winner yet to start the next I've just noticed that there's a countdown displaying on the forums page for Week #28. I guess we'll need a challenge setting by Phil or the Mods for the next one until we have a winner from #27 to start the next.

3 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I have an image for 'Mother Nature' however, it is the cruel  (but natural) side of nature and not sure if people may be offended by it. It depicts a bird stealing another birds chic for food. Would anyone prefer i didn't post this, as I do have a 'back up' image. 

Do what you think is correct 

3 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I have an image for 'Mother Nature' however, it is the cruel  (but natural) side of nature and not sure if people may be offended by it. It depicts a bird stealing another birds chic for food. Would anyone prefer i didn't post this, as I do have a 'back up' image. 

Nature's nature whether we like it or not CC, it won't bother me ;)

15 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I think it's the intent that's important. A good photograph is a good photograph, whatever it's of and therefor worthy of publication. But if the intention is to shock or upset the viewer, then perhaps this is not the forum to do it on.

But I think you've got us all curious now, Chrissie. Go for it!

Edited by Brian

Its was  not taken to up[set or shock, but as part of a trip to a wildlife sanctuary. It was a 'right plce, right time shot (or wrong place wrong time) and is proof of the struggle to survive at all costs

I will post it......if not as part of the challenge, I will post is as a wildlife shot.

This talk of wildlife reminds me of a few years ago when my Mam asked for a Wildlife CD for xmas.  I asked what she meant and she said 'You know, a one of them music discs with wildlife on'...I thought she was after a calming 'chill out' CD or whales or the tide coming in and out or hitting the rocks  but no....she meant the boy band......'Westlife"...................bless her!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, colinb said:

Steaming Along

Bittern%201.jpg

A sight for sore eyes Colin.................I can remember, when I was about 10, there was a lot of fuss when The Pacific "Malard" broke the rail speed record and the picture burned into my memory is just like that. This wouldn't be it, would it?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Brian said:

A sight for sore eyes Colin.................I can remember, when I was about 10, there was a lot of fuss when The Pacific "Malard" broke the rail speed record and the picture burned into my memory is just like that. This wouldn't be it, would it?

Apparently (Google) 4464 is the "Bittern", but is the sister locomotive to Mallard.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Brian said:

Hi Brian - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Class_A4_4464_Bittern will hopefully give you all the info you need.

And as an extra fact... the Mallard broke the speed record about 16 miles from where I live.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks, Chris and Colin.

That would have been a sight, Colin. Funny thing is, that I'm not a railway buff, but when I saw that picture, all those memories came flooding back. I can also remember the comic, "The Eagle", which had a cut away drawing of the Mallard in minute detail at about the same time. Beautiful machine!

9 hours ago, ChrisLumix said:

Apparently (Google) 4464 is the "Bittern", but is the sister locomotive to Mallard.

16 minutes ago, colinb said:

Hi Brian - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LNER_Class_A4_4464_Bittern will hopefully give you all the info you need.

And as an extra fact... the Mallard broke the speed record about 16 miles from where I live.:thumbsup:

Train Spotting - BAH haha. I had 3 to choose from for weekly challenge 'Motion'. The one I have entered and these two 'rejects'. Hope I chose wisely....I didn't choose 'Spinning' as it was too similar a theme to one already entered

IMG_9502.jpg

Spinning.jpg

Edited by CanonChrissy
Added info
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Clicker said:

Aw Chrissie... Just because someone has entered an image that is  similar is no reason not to enter a pic that you think fits the bill !!! They both look good on here ...  :)

I know its totally differntbut I love to see lots of different angles on a theme in the challenges and no one has done toppling dominoes !

That's fine Chrissie ... I was only  making the point that  it wasn't a valid reason  NOT to enter an image ...just because it was too similar to someone else's entry .

"....I didn't choose 'Spinning' as it was too similar a theme to one already entered " 

was what you said ....so  that's what I thought you meant . :wallbash::laughing:

Think I 'll go and lie down now ....:yes

• 2 weeks later...