Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

Nah I disagree. Means missing out for a week and the challenges usually encourage me out with camera. The challenge that is set really has no bearing on the outcom...just cos u set the theme doesn't mean they generally win......unless of course u were off to Africa on safari and chose a topic like lions in the wild!

Means missing out for a week and the challenges usually encourage me out with camera.

I agree, none of the challenges I've set have been beyond the reach of anyone on here, I've tried to make them as open to everyone as possible, I even avoided seasonal things like Autumn, as for our friends in Oz it's spring/coming up Summer. Yes, I've had a run of 3 out of the last 4 challenges, but before that I'd oy had the one, and I've entered every challenge that's been set. Infact a run of 7 in a row where I got 0 or 1 votes spurred me on to try even harder.

Sorry Judy, it wasn't taken personally. it's just I've taken part in all the challenges whether I set them or not,, as have the majority of challenge winners, of the 17 completed challenges 14 of them included images set by the challenger. I take the challenge as to produce one image that fits the challenge in the best possible way you can, both creatively and technically and then it;s up to everyone else to vote on it. Regardless of who wins, the challenge on the rest is to keep trying.

No i don't agree either,  I enjoy the weekly challenge, and it really is just for fun (as we would say, it's not for sheep stations'). Voting should be on the image you think is the best (whatever your interpretation) not on who took the image. If it's the same person 3 weeks in a row, so be it... we are all friends (aren't we?)

Some weeks we might not have enough in the competition if we took away the setter. 

Even when it's hard (ie a summer image and you live in the southern hemisphere where it's winter) it allows you to be a bit 'creative'. 

The idea of the setter being prevented from entering doesn't sit comfortably with me, mainly because of the lack of entries the challenge already receives. Also, I would like to think we're all adults and wouldn't set the subject simply because we have a particular image in mind, I know I wouldn't.

Not sure I can get one this week. Mum in law taken to hospital during the night. Hubby on taxi duty so needs the car. I might go walkies later but I like my wine of a Sunday afternoon......in fact it's 20 to wine now!

I think it's great to share ideas and hope that if they don't seem popular no one is left feeling hurt or upset. I was on a comp that's stopped now cos of low entry levelslevels where the theme setter picked the theme didn't enter then chose the winner. It woker there but alas when there was getting to only be 2 entries it came to a natural end.

Re weekly challenge #19 - Catching The Light 

I have entered with a similar idea to Ron, so apologies Ron if you think I have copied however, mine differs in many ways so I'm sure he won't mind. It's an interesting theme and has been interpreted in different ways which is great and encourages imagination. This is why I like the weekly challenges.

My trip out this morning was for 4 reasons. 1) The weekly challenge 2) To get my camera back out as it's been pretty dormant recently 3) To start my Autumn project off 4) I was home alone anyway as hubby is spending most of his time at the hospital with his very poorly mum 

Hope to get out again this weekend, for some red squirrels, so will post more images if I get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there's been some very different approaches in this weeks weekly challenge Walking. I did think it was a bit limiting to begin with, but now that I;ve seen how everyone has interpreted it, I'm of a different mind.Lots of good images that are all different from each other.

I did think about staging the Beatles Abbey Road Crossing, but thought it a bit cliched or just the walk sign on crossings never thought about the snowmen until you mentioned it though....  Maybe we just all stayed clear of the most obvious answer.

I don't mind if the topic setter wins the challenge - the only problem is, if it was me, who won three times in a row, (highly unlikely!!!!!), I might have to seek ideas for a further topic. I really would like to support these challenges, but I'm struggling to even get a camera out atm.

Sorry to hear your news Chrissie, hope things go OK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...