Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Compact Upgrade

I have decided not to carry my heavy DSLR and lenses on holiday when we go later in the year, so I have upgraded my Olympus semi auto camera and yesterday my new camera arrived.
Managed to get a couple of Evie yesterday and a few in Birmingham while we were there shopping today.
The only one that has had any editing(apart from cropping and borders, is the full reflection shot at the bottom which only had an Auto edit in Picasa to bring the colours out a bit..

I have always been impressed by a friends pictures from his TZ60 and asked him a little about it before making my final decision.

I am well impressed with this little Panasonic TZ60eb which has the same kind of settings as a DSLR.

P1000004.jpg

P1000006.jpg

P1000011.jpg

P1000012_1.jpg

P1000013.jpg

P1000014.jpg

Reflections%20Cropped%20version.jpg

P1000015.jpg

I am really going to enjoy this little camera.

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1

I got mine from www.buyacamera.co.uk .
It was £219 plus £5.99 next day delivery by courier.
They kept me informed of every step of the journey right up until about an hour before when they texted to give me a time within an hour.

I have used this store on occasions before and have always been pleased with the quality of the items and the service.

Sorry, I put .com instead of co.uk. Have edited it now so that link should be the right one.

Edited by NannyFerret

Looks like a very capable camera but, you do realise you've found me another problem? Why are the images displaying so large when they shouldn't :veryangry:

​I wish images were that big to be honest, I've been disappointed that images are shown so small up to now.

​I wish images were that big to be honest, I've been disappointed that images are shown so small up to now.

​I find the bigger images much easier on the eye too, and there's not really a need to click on the image to make them bigger.
I always link to Photobucket so it's not taking up any more space on the forum either.

My best friend has a Panasonic TZ60 and it seems like a great small camera, I have owned several Panasonic cameras over the years. I still have two elderly models ... a TZ3 & a FZ100. I could be tempted to put my two on eBay and buy a TZ60 for myself, my main camera is my Canon 60D and I'm really happy with it but sometimes when I want to travel light the TZ60 would be a great travel companion.

The above pics were really grab shots on my first time of using the camera.

I like the optical viewfinder and although small I can manage ok with it, even with my glasses.

The screen seems easier to see in sunlight than my Olymus compact, but I am pleased that it has a proper viewfinder as well.

I've just spent half an hour finding and trying the various controls.

The Panaramic, video modes and the Macro are all excellent.

This camera is truly amazing, and anyone thinking of buying one can't go wrong.

Edited by NannyFerret

Didn't realise it has a viewfinder ....could be another sale here. I have been looking for a quality compact with viewfinder and this looks just the ticket. Thanks Tina :)

​If you don't mind the expense and the comparatively short reach (75mm though it can extend to 150mm or 300mm crop without invoking Digital Zoom), the LX100 might be just the ticket.

Didn't realise it has a viewfinder ....could be another sale here. I have been looking for a quality compact with viewfinder and this looks just the ticket. Thanks Tina :)

It was seeing OGs pics that swayed me, Barbara and the info that he gave me.

I read reviews, but knowing someone personally that used one, I knew that he would put me right.

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1

Great set of images, Tina - we both love our TZ60's, mainly because they literally can go anywhere with you, without bulkiness, and you can still get really good 'grab shots' if you need, (as we often do!). Enjoy - looking forward to more of your pictures :D

​If you don't mind the expense and the comparatively short reach (75mm though it can extend to 150mm or 300mm crop without invoking Digital Zoom), the LX100 might be just the ticket.

​Bit out of my price range :crybaby:

I couldn't afford any more either, Barbara, but I think the tz60 has so much to offer. It's an amazing little camera at a more realistic price and I can see me getting a lot of use out of it.

I am thrilled to bits with it.

I think Keith has the same model too.

It's a shame that we aren't going to Annan until next year or you could have had a look at mine.

Edited by NannyFerret

I've been looking at this camera myself, if I can sell my FZ100 I might get one. I'm puzzled as to why some sellers list it as the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60EB-K and others Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60. Would the latter be an earlier version?

• Like 1

Just thinking that myself John but as far as I can see The EB-K is the Back Model and the EB-S has the silver Trim, Currys & Jessops have it for £239  a bit more than Tina's Purchase but comes with a Five Year Guarantee so I may go with that.

I've been looking at this camera myself, if I can sell my FZ100 I might get one. I'm puzzled as to why some sellers list it as the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60EB-K and others Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60. Would the latter be an earlier version?

​Anyone thinking of getting a bridge camera, would be pleased with the FZ100, John.